Tuesday 4 June 2019

Home made Pork Egg Roll rice noodle soup

Tenom egg roll pork at Stall No 1, Tenom Market, was so popular that it has reached the level of  "Must try" label. The broth tasted so good..... The Pork Egg Roll (Chun Kian) was more meaty and firm compared to the KK version. It seemed for Tenom Chun Kian stall No 1, quality lean meat is used compared to KK version, where theirs were more fatty.
                     31st May 2019
Popular stall No 1 in Tenom - A bowl of Chun Kien noodle soup and 2 pieces tau foo for Rm10. 
The boss of this stall, really lived up to his name, it was really tasty as commented by many in blogs and tripadvisor. 


By 6am the Egg Roll Pork were ready for sale.

 Arrival of customers as early as 6am.
By 7-8am, they were sold out. Each piece cost Rm 12
I brought along a small cooler box and had an ice pack in it.

 I bought 4 pieces of pork egg rolls and requested to cut each piece into 1/3.
 It was wrapped in greaseproof paper and placed inside the cooler bag for transportation to Kota Kinabalu .๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Arrival of "Tenom" Pork Egg Rolls to my hometown in Kota Kinabalu
 I made noodle soup for my husband to try. He is a fussy eater and yet he likes this dish very much๐Ÿ˜. 

Rice noodle - soaked in boiling water for 5 mins and drain
A bowl of chicken or pork stock
Sliced pork egg roll
Spring onions and fried garlic for garnishing.
Put stock to boil.

 Once the stock boils, add in the Pork Egg Roll 
Add some pepper. 
No salt needed as there is enough seasoning from the pork egg rolls

Cover and let it simmer, on a very slow fire for about 10-15 mins

Pour out the pork egg roll and soup onto the prepared rice noodles



Garnish with spring onions and fried garlic
It's so delicious and yummy! 
Tasted exactly like the ones in Stall No1 Tenom market!
๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Let me update this topic.
This topic was published in June 2019 after my trip to Tenom.

Recently in April 2022, I happened to watch utube cooking programme from "Soup Up" by Mandy.
It's a very interesting programme and one of the topic was the "Rolled Omelette dish". I tried this recipe. Not only it was successful but very tasty dish too. So here, I would like to share with you her video which I had linked here
After watching this video, I decided to give it a try

I bought 1/2 kg of pork and minced it with my mincer.

I realized that I ran out of light soy sauce so I just used dark soy sauce๐Ÿ˜œ

With 1/2 kg, I could make up to 4 big pieces of egg rolls!

This is my 1st time doing such dish.
It's not pretty looking as the ones seen in Mandy's video or the ones sold in the market/shops but they were so delicious. I could finished 1 big roll at one go!๐Ÿ˜
It's worth trying and I will try to add carrots and water chestnuts next try as suggested by Mandy. Thank You Mandy for showing such simple yet delicious dish๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน





2 comments:

  1. You are very innovative,from making swings to cooking.Looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest in my blog and hope you continue to enjoy reading my stories๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete