Tuesday 14 May 2019

Making a blouse without measurements…is it possible?





Cotton is one of the most popular, inexpensive materials in the world. It is a natural fibre, light, soft, breathable and comfortable to wear, depending where you live. It is also a durable fabric and hydrophilic which means it absorbs moisture easily, but dries very slowly. An ideal material for countries like Malaysia, Borneo, to beat the heat and humidity throughout the year.
Sea Island, as well as Egyptian cotton are well known cotton material for shirts because of it’s soft, smooth, strong and lustrous fabrics.
No one actually knows how old cotton is. Some scientist claim with evidence, cotton was first found in India, while others believe it's Pakistan, from about 6,000 BC. But some scientists still think that, Indus delta was the first to cultivate it.

Want to know more about the history of cotton? Click this link: The story of cotton.


It is true that India has the largest Cotton industry in the world for over 3000 years. 

My daughter's boss went to Bombay, India and bought her,a cotton material as a gift . 
India has improved their marketing methods, by designing the pattern with pictures to make a blouse easily, just by cutting.

Look carefully what was advertised here …."Winter cotton"? What I know is that a cotton can kill, if you wear it outdoors during winter. Or was that just a name for the cotton?


The piece of RP 990 (about RM58)


I am no tailor myself, but as long as I can cut and sew without measurements, that's fine by me and I am comfortable doing it this way. Free Size and easy peasy! 😜😜😜

       Shape out the front neckline                 Back neckline                    

                   Gusset 


 
                                   Interfacing the front neckline               Interfacing of back neckline                                


Even though I had a sewing machine (Singer) I still buy another one, while I was in Singapore because of the extra gadget .It put thread through the eye of the needle for meπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


That’s the beauty of technology advancement.

              
              Hem the neckline using herring-bone stitch                         Join  side seams

   
                                Sides of shoulder and sleeves joined              Getting ready to start the Gusset

When sewing, leaving a ¼ inch unsewn on both ends of the gusset


Finished my fine art in 4 hours, how about that? Awesome, yeah?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

I am no model but I don’t mind posing as mannequin….

Laugh if you like, - - - I did!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


12 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, good to see u here again. So did you laugh in the end?
    If you did , then my goal has been achieved😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didnt know you have that talent.... A tailor

      Delete
    2. Thank you Beth for the complimenting πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ though I am not tailor at all.

      Delete
  2. Wowwww!!!!in short few hours came out this cloth πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of you to say so, Thank you😊

      Delete
  3. Great job. Well done.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashok, I am just lucky πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. Great....good article on read on ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's 1 fine and pretty blouse you sewed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ for the compliment and reading my blog. Hope you enjoy some more of the topics published.πŸ˜„

      Delete