Friday 6 August 2021

French beans with express aromatic Chicken Briyani rice

 It was a hot humid Sunday afternoon. I was feeling so lazy. No mood to do anything, but I was hungry yet too lazy to cook anything or going out for lunch and can't figure out what to eat. A friend suggested to order "Food delivery"but nothing in the menu attracted me. 

 I ended up going out to my regular coffee shop to have fish noodle soup. 

After filling my belly, I went to the supermarket which was next to the food court to look for inspiration and motivation for something to cook for dinner.  After browsing for some time at the Supermarket, I bought a packet of Maggi Briyani spices to cook chicken Briyani rice. I had never tried this recipe before, so it would be a good attempt for me๐Ÿ˜…. 

At the same time, I harvested some French Beans from my garden to add them to the Briyani rice๐Ÿ‘.

A very fast recipe, just follow instructions on the packet, switch the rice cooker on and that's it!๐Ÿ˜Easy peasy and get ready of dinner!

And an apple crumble to end the meal of the day (click to link to this in my blog).


Early Nov 2020, I planted French Beans.  

By 17th November, the plants had reached the top of my fence. After reading from Google, I started to pluck off the top of the plant because it was believed that it will force the side of the plant to produce more leaves.
Appearances of these beautiful yellowish white flowers means French beans will be born soon๐Ÿ˜‚.
About 1 week after flowering, french beans appeared

10.12.2020 - My first harvest.

After the 1st harvest which was only a handful, more beans begin to appear ๐Ÿ˜‚

So I decided to add into the Briyani Chicken Rice.

Ingredients Needed :

A packet of Maggi Briyani spices

2 cups of washed Basmathi rice

chopped onions, tomatoes, french beans, star anise and cinamon stick


Chicken breast chopped into small pieces 
50 gms Butter

70 gms raisins

700 mls cold water

Method:



Heat butter in the pan on medium heat.
Add in sliced onions. Fry until aromatic and lightly brown.

Add chicken pieces and fry on high heat for 2-3 mins

Add in the veges
Add in the Briyani spices


Add in the rice

Stir for a min or 2


Transfer into the rice cooker

Pour in 700mls cold water
Add in the star anise and cinnamon stick

cover and switch on the rice cooker.

perfectly done Chicken Byriyani Rice 


When the rice cooker click from "cook" to "Warm", loosen the rice with a rice spoon and add in the raisins. Mix well and cover again for 1 min before serving๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
It was tasty and hope you like it too. Please let me know what you think๐Ÿ˜…

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. TQ for the comment, Nizamdanial๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing,will try your recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Give a try. Memang sedap and as a pemalas like me, I hairan sedap and appetising meal๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes it was delicious. Bought that packet of spices at CKS supermarket ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  5. Yummy...thanks sharing...mau cuba ni....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ for reading. ๐Ÿ™ Do give a try. Memang sedap. I buat 2 kali sudah. Both pun sedap as good as the 1st one I did๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is indeed. Give a try and let me know ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
    2. Deffna, I made it twice sudah and I still like it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete