Wednesday 21 August 2019

my little teenie tiny fish pond


When I was working in Brunei in 1996,there was a fish pond outside my work place. In the evening, when the sun set, it was lovely to stand outside the compound feeding the little fish and watching them coming up to get their food.

  Now in 2019, after my tiny garden was created, I decided to make a small fish pond.

So these days mostly in the early evening when the sun set and the 
atmosphere gets cooler, it is lovely to sit outside my garden with a good cup of tea, and watching my little pond with its inmates to enjoy the evening
Tiny DIY fish pond😁

Items for a 32inches X 14 inches shallow fish pond


Blue canvas sheet 32 “ x  45”
Orange bricks X 10 pieces for the inside layout

Orange bricks X 12 pieces for the outer layout
1 pail of water (preferable rain water)
water filter pump less than Rm5

 A few white stones for decoration Rm3.50 a container bought from stone shop
A few pots of indoor plants and some wild hyacinth plants ( from my garden)

Method:

1.   Lay the 10 pieces of bricks and arrange them as shown in the picture below.


2. Place the 32" X 45 " blue canvas over the brick and neatly created a space for water to be filled in later.



3. Place the remaining 12 bricks for the outer layer to secure the canvas. Once water is filled into the space it will automatically secure the canvas. You have an option whether you want to trim off the excess blue canvas. I just leave as it is and you can add white pebbles to make it look more beautiful and at the same time covering the  excess blue canvas.



4. Add water. Preferably rain water because tap water contains chlorine. If there is no rain water, you can use tap water. Leave over night in a bucket or add anti chlorine solution for fish tank will help.
5. Position the pump and add in the white stones and  indoor plants.
6. Leave the water in the pond for at least 24 hours
7. The next day when the fishes are ready , leave the fish inthe bag floating in the water for at least 30 mins for fish to adjust to water temperature in the pond




   

 
When my fish pond was completed, I put some indoor plants,given to me by
 my friends to make it look pretty. They do look good around the pondπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
The 7 little fishes were still alive, actually they have reproduced!!

"



In August 2019, the 20th, I began to notice there were little tiny baby fishes in my little pond. My little fishes multipied!!!😁😁😁


It's exciting to see tiny little baby fishes swimming in the pond.😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment